Writing effective procedures is a challenge for everyone who does it. It remains a complex process even for experienced procedure designers. Learning the tricks of this trade is a challenge for anyone who needs to write procedures. The importance of writing effective procedures that work and achieve your organization’s objectives has dramatically increased over the last few years because of the increasing potential consequences of procedure failures – damaged reputation, audit exceptions, and very large fines.
This webinar is for anyone who writes procedures, no matter what the purpose: for HIPAA requirements compliance, for healthcare operations, for treating patients, for IT operations, for staff evacuation during an emergency. The content of every procedure may be unique, yet the process for designing and writing all procedures is the same.
This webinar addresses:
• The differences between policies and procedures
• Getting started: how to organize your thoughts
• What information you need to write a procedure
• Who needs to be part of the procedure design and review process
• Handoffs and why they are critical to the success of a procedure.
• When to review or update procedures
• Procedure names
• What a well-written HIPAA procedure looks like
About the presenters: Carl Abramson, Susan A. Miller, J.D. and Kathleen Lucey, FBCI, have extensive experience in writing and reviewing policies, procedures and related documentation. Their combined IT management, legal and consulting backgrounds result in valuable, practical insight and useful guidance across a broad range of healthcare information technology operational and compliance issues.